Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Another monochromatic post (sorta)

There's a lot to be said for color.  But that's not to say something all one color can't look classy!  Adding an inedible decoration can help when you want a precise color, as well.  Take wedding cakes for example, they're often just WHITE.  But add a little piping and a little ribbon and it really pops!




My cousin decided on that design, and I really love it!  It was so fun to get all the designs just so...  :)

Again, sometimes just a little splash of color is all it takes to make a good cake GREAT!  Or maybe that's just my personal preference...  ;)



If you haven't noticed, I'm kind of a fan of free-hand random patterns...  Pretty, but not stuffy.  Patterned, but not fussy.  Easy to fill in empty spots, and even cover flaws in the icing!

Not that we ever have that problem...  *whistling*

Of course, these kinds of patterns work better for females.  Or at weddings.  Or at some fancy dinner. 

I don't have any boys yet, so I'll have to find something different if I ever have one.  :)  Maybe chocolate explosions?

Nah, that'd still work for me...  *drool*


7 comments:

  1. I agree sometimes just a little bit of color can go a long way!! I love the birthday cake for mom that little bit of purple is perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous. And I agree, esp for elegant cakes like for weddings the detailed piping with the pop of color is a can't miss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks great! I love to do plain cupcake/white frosting combos and then dip the tops in sprinkles. SO easy and SO good - and it really makes it pop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love a good pop of color here and there! Both cakes are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! i love the purple crystals!

    ReplyDelete