Saturday, January 28, 2012

Cherry Ricotta Cake Filling!

So, now that you have your yummy maraschino cherries made from my last post, here's something yummy to make with them!  :)  I use this filling in a white cake with vanilla or almond frosting.  However, if you like cherries and chocolate, a chocolate cake might be a good option too!  Here we go...


Ingredients:
15oz Ricotta cheese
2 8oz packages of cream cheese
1 c. powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp almond extract
16 oz maraschino cherries, drained and chopped
1 cup mini chocolate chips

Mix all ingredients together, then refrigerate for 1 hour, or until spreadable.


This makes a LOT of filling, so halve the recipe if you're not filling a pretty large cake.  Of course, sometimes I just eat the filling too, so it's nice to have some extra...  ;)  Also, sometimes I leave the cherries and almond extract out, and it's HEAVENLY in chocolate cake.  :)

Yum.  I'm so glad I have some of this in the fridge for a cake order tomorrow... There WILL be extra just for me.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment